Banana Oats Pancakes
These Banana Oats Pancakes with Protein Powder are not only delicious but also packed with nutrients from the banana, oats, and protein powder. Enjoy your healthy and filling breakfast!
Ingredients: - 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of milk of your choice
- 1 scoop of your Vegan Culture Plant Protein Powder
- Flax egg - mix 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water and let it sit for a few minutes (can be skipped)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional, but adds a nice flavour)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (optional, for sweetness)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or melted butter for cooking
1. In a blender or food processor, combine the ripe banana, rolled oats, milk, protein powder, flax egg, cinnamon (if using), salt, and maple syrup (if using). Blend until you have a smooth batter.
2. Let the batter sit for a few minutes to allow the oats to soften.
3. Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat and add the vegetable oil or melted butter to coat the surface.
4. Pour the pancake batter onto the hot pan, using about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
5. Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bubbles start to form on the surface, then flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown and cooked through.
6. Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more oil or butter to the pan as needed.
7. Serve the pancakes warm with your favourite toppings such as sliced bananas, berries, a drizzle of honey/maple syrup, or a dollop of vegan yoghurt