Vegan Protein Energy Bites
These vegan protein energy bites make for a great on-the-go snack or a quick pick-me-up during busy days. They're packed with nutrients, protein, and fiber to keep you fueled and satisfied throughout the day. Enjoy!
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup nut butter (almond butter, peanut butter, or any other nut butter of your choice)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave nectar (for sweetness)
- 1/4 cup vegan protein powder (such as pea protein, hemp protein, or soy protein)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed or chia seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt - Optional add-ins: chopped nuts, seeds (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds), dried fruits (raisins, cranberries), chocolate chips, or any other favorite toppings
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, nut butter, maple syrup (or agave nectar), vegan protein powder, ground flaxseed (or chia seeds), shredded coconut, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
2. Mix all the ingredients together until well combined. You can use a spatula or your hands to ensure everything is evenly distributed.
3. If the mixture seems too dry, you can add a splash of almond milk or any other plant-based milk to achieve the desired consistency.
4. Now, if you want to include any additional toppings like chopped nuts, seeds, dried fruits, or chocolate chips, gently fold them into the mixture.
5. Once everything is well incorporated, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes. This step will make it easier to handle the mixture when forming the energy bites.
6. After chilling, take small portions of the mixture and roll them into bite-sized balls using your hands. You can make them as big or small as you prefer.
7. Place the formed energy bites on a parchment-lined baking sheet or a plate.
8. Store the energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep well for about a week, but chances are they'll be gone much sooner!